Frequently Asked Questions
Setting up the Net Control 2 Client and Teacher settings remotely with Active Directory Administrative Templates.
Last Updated 2 years ago
Several settings of Net Control 2 Client and Teacher modules may be set up remotely using Active Directory Group Policies of Windows Server 2003-2008R2.
To change settings over Active Directory Group Policies:
1. Download the administrative templates:
2. Open the Group Policy Management console: for Windows 2008/R2 click Start -> Administrative Tools -> Group Policy Management.
3. Select a policy where the settings should be deployed. For example Default domain policy.
4. Right click it and select Edit menu command to open Group Policy Management Editor.
5. At left pane select Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates.
6. Right click the Administrative Templates option and click Add/Remove templates menu command:
7. In Add/Remove Templates window click Add button to add Net Control 2 template files downloaded in p.1
8. When templates are imported you can change Net Control 2 settings in Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) section. Settings in 32 and 64 bit operating systems are stored separately and therefore the administrative templates provide separate sections for 32 and 64 bit operating systems. If you have mixed computers with 32 and 64 bit operating systems, both sections should be configured:
All settings will be applied after restart of client computers.